Freedom Of Information Policy

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


Tiddington with Albury Parish Council recognises its responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. The Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act are very closely linked. The introduction of the Freedom of Information Act means that people will be able to access non-personal information about others which was previously protected by the Data Protection Act. The Data Protection Act will apply if an individual wishes to obtain personal information whereas the Freedom of Information Act will apply if a person wishes to obtain information relating to a public authority.

Any non-personal information that Tiddington with Albury Parish Council holds will be accessible to members of the public. This includes data that was obtained before the Act was passed. Tiddington with Albury Parish Council has produced a guide to inform members of the public about the data that they can access by following this link – Information available under FOIA.

How Members of the Public access information under the Freedom of Information Act

Any information that is listed on the Approved Publication Scheme can be obtained from Tiddington with Albury Parish Council. This scheme establishes how and where such information can be obtained.

If anyone wishes to access any information from Tiddington with Albury Parish Council, they need to make the request in writing (this includes email). They must receive a response within 20 working days and told why the information has been held. The request must state the name and address of the person requiring the information and what information is required.

Tiddington with Albury Parish Council will charge a fee for providing information. This will be 20p per A4 sheet and 50p per A3 sheet of paper plus any postage costs. The Parish Council will inform the person requesting the information about the fee prior to sending the information.

Tiddington with Albury Parish Council will endeavour to meet the requests unless it is unreasonable to do so. If information requested forms part of exempt material the Parish Council will let the applicant know which exemptions apply